COVID-19 and cardiovascular and anti-inflammatory drugs – ESC VIDEO
Barbara Casadei, president of the European Society of Cardiology talks about cardiological drugs and COVID-19 in this exclusive ESV video with Prof. Garret FitzGerald from the University of Pennsylvania, internationally renowned pharmacologist.
- Are non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs acceptable for patients with COVID-19? Are there any scientific data about the role of ibuprofen in such cases? Should patients use different type of anti-inflammatory drugs or not?
- What is the role of ACE-inhibitors and ARBs for patients with COVID-19? Should people continue taking these medicines if they are infected with the new coronavirus? Are they harmful or beneficial? Do we have clear evidence or just preclinical theorizing?
- What do we know about anti malaria drug – chloroquine, and its capabilities in the fight against COVID-19? What is the evidence? Is chloroquine our wonder drug?
- What are scientists’ reasons to think positively these days? What are the efforts in the field of serology? What about new vaccines and new drugs development?
- Are we seeing a change in the mechanism and speed with which new drugs are being developed and assessed?
Listen to the professional comments of Prof. Garret FitzGerald in the VIDEO below: